- Pentair‡ Pentek‡ ECP Series Cartridges are manufactured from a special formulation of resin-impregnated cellulose and polyester fibers.
- This unique blend of materials provides a higher wet strength than
regular cellulose cartridges. It also provides high flow rates and dirtholding capacity while maintaining extremely low pressure drop.
- The media is pleated around a polypropylene core for added strength. The pleated endcaps of the standard cartridges are immersed in a thermosetting vinyl plastisol. The Big Blue cartridges
have a molded endcap with gaskets. The pleated ends are sealed to the endcap with a thermoplastic adhesive. The overlap seam is sonically welded to reduce internal bypas improving filtration efficiency.
- ECP Series Cartridge endcaps feature a color-coding system for easy
identification of micron ratings: tan (1 micron), white (5 micron), blue (20micron), and yellow (50 micron).
- ECP Series Cartridges contain more media surface area than most
competitive cartridges. The Standard 10″ ECP cartridge contains 6 ft2 of media while most cartridges contain only 4.5 ft2.